Estates & Trust Administration
Estates and Trusts can present those involved with them, sometimes for the first time, with particular challenges. The support and assistance of our expert estate lawyers and experienced probate clerks can reduce the burden and assist you through the process.
We assist Executors of estates by supporting and guiding them through the probate and administration process, from start to finish. Each estate is different, and we can identify what needs to be done. Our Executor clients receive the benefit of fixed fee applications for probate, and have flexibility to decide which parts of the administration tasks we can best assist with as part of our specific or comprehensive estate administration services.
As part of our expertise in administering estates, we can take care of things like finalising taxation matters, and advertising for claims against the estate, and advise Executors about what they should do to protect their interests. We can also handle superannuation death benefit claims for Executors and for eligible family members.
We regularly advise and act for beneficiaries of estates and trusts about their rights and entitlements. Advocacy may also be required on behalf of a beneficiary in their dealings with the Executor or Trustee. This can be a complex area, and having an expert lawyer on your side can greatly assist.
If you are a Trustee of a Trust, or hold a control role in a Trust, we can assist you with trust administration services, advice and representation.
We can help you with:
- Applying for a Grant of Probate.
- Applying for Letters of Administration, including on an intestacy.
- Resealing a Grant of Probate or Administration obtained outside Tasmania.
- Obtaining Grants in other parts of Australia, in the United Kingdom and elsewhere.
- Lodging a Probate Caveat.
- Administering estates.
- Advice and representation in “Informal Will” applications.
- Making urgent probate applications.
- A full range of estate and trust administration services.
- Advertising for claims against estates.
- Completing the taxation obligations of a deceased and their estate.
- Representation in Supreme Court contested probate proceedings.
- Deeds of Family Arrangement to alter the distribution of an estate.
- Varying the terms of Trusts, and winding Trusts up.
- Construction of Wills (interpreting what a Will means).
- Rectification of Wills (fixing problems with Wills).
- Agency services for law firms located outside Tasmania.
Speak with our expert and compassionate Estate & Trust Administration team about effective estate and trust administration.