Our agribusiness lawyers have the knowledge and experience in this sector to protect and advance the interests of farmers, suppliers, logistic and transportation companies, wholesalers, distributors and retailers in this cornerstone sector of the Tasmanian economy.
We know and understand the rural sector and offer a complete range of legal solutions to corporations and families operating in agriculture.
The team at Simmons Wolfhagen can advise and deliver strategies and solutions across all legal aspects of agribusiness operations including:
- sale and purchase of grazing and farming properties, including pre-contract advice, structuring of purchasing entities, contract negotiation and due diligence;
- sale and purchase of water entitlements, livestock, grain and other agricultural business assets;
- compensation for construction and infrastructure activities, and statutory resumptions;
- land tenures and tenure conversion;
- succession planning for and restructures of family-owned and corporate agricultural businesses;
- resource management arrangements, including leases, agistment agreements, horticultural licences, share farming agreements and management and consultancy agreements;
- livestock export and livestock processing agreements;
- vegetation clearing and other environmental regulations;
- native title and Aboriginal cultural heritage; and
- Foreign Investment Review Board applications.
The rural lifestyle is part of our team’s heritage, so we’re uniquely suited to deliver approachable and authentic customer service to help you achieve the best outcomes for your business.