Since admission in 2011 Megan has practiced exclusively in the areas of Wills, Estates and Business Succession within Victoria, New South Wales and now Tasmania.
Megan applies a thorough approach to the challenges faced by her clients and prides herself on comprehensive and clear advice. Megan’s clients often thank her for rendering their estate plan understandable.
Megan holds a Masters of Applied Law specialising in Wills and Estates, teaches Estate Planning to postgraduate students at Charles Sturt University and is an affiliate member of STEP (Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners). She is a current committee member of the Law Society’s Elder and Succession Law Committee.
Megan can assist clients in the areas of Wills and Estate Planning, particularly:
- specialist estate planning advice, including superannuation, testamentary trusts, asset protection and existing family trusts;
- the preparation of Wills (including incorporating testamentary trusts, trusts for minor children, protective trusts, charitable trusts, Centrelink Special Disability Trusts and life interests);
- the preparation of enduring powers of attorney (including the advice/drafting to manage family trusts/current businesses when appropriate);
- the preparation of enduring guardianships;
- the preparation of binding death benefit nominations (for retail and SMSF);
- Review and incorporation of existing family trusts into an estate plan;
Advice to Trustees of existing testamentary trusts, family trusts and charitable trusts on the ongoing management and succession of these entities.