Kristi is a partner of Simmons Wolfhagen and leads our well-regarded family and de facto relationship law team. Kristi enjoys an excellent reputation as one of the leading family and relationship law practitioners in Tasmania and has practised exclusively in this area for over 15 years. Kristi is direct, honest and efficient and has a reputation for promptly finalising matters by way of negotiation.
Kristi has built up an extensive family law practice and is well known for her ability to deal with complex matters including businesses and structures and the interrelationship of these issues in family law matters. Kristi has an interest in and reputation for advising in matters such as:
- Family law disputes concerning the operation of businesses in a separation
- Family law disputes involving complex ownership structures such as trusts and companies
- Property settlements including matters wherein it is disputed as to who should retain the family home
- Matrimonial property and de facto property settlements (including same sex relationships)
- Financial Agreements (pre-nup)
- Parenting orders
- Child support matters; and
Kristi appears regularly at the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and has an acknowledged reputation for her direct approach, strong advocacy and adept negotiation skills. Kristi is known by her clients for her empathy and understanding but also for her efficiency and staunch determination to ensure that they receive the best possible outcome.
Kristi is a member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia