Kristi is a Director of Simmons Wolfhagen and leads our well-regarded family and de facto relationship law team in Tasmania. Having practised exclusively in this area for over 17 years, Kristi is well regarded for her client empathy, honest and efficient approach. Proven negotiation and mediation skills allow Kristi to focus on achieving the best possible outcome for clients and, whenever possible, avoiding the costly and time consuming court process.
When an appearance at the Family Court of Australia or the Federal Circuit Court of Australia is inevitable, Kristi has an acknowledged reputation for representing her clients with strong advocacy and a staunch determination for a quick & positive resolution.
Kristi’s extensive family law experience also ensures more complex matters, including businesses and structures and the interrelationship of these issues in family law matters, are managed with the same efficiency and discipline.
Kristi advises on the following matters:
- Family law disputes concerning the operation of businesses in a separation
- Family law disputes involving complex ownership structures such as trusts and companies
- Property settlements including matters wherein it is disputed as to who should retain the family home
- Matrimonial property and de facto property settlements (including same sex relationships)
- Financial Agreements (pre-nup)
- Parenting orders
- Child support matters; and
Kristi is a member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia