Robert’s principally in planning law, local government and planning enforcement.
The matters that Robert has experience in and can assist clients with include:
- Appearances before the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Appeal Tribunal, including planning appeals;
- Amendments to planning schemes before the Tasmanian Planning Commission;
- The enforcement of planning scheme provisions;
- The enforcement of matters pursuant to the Building Act 2016, including building and plumbing orders;
- Prosecution of offences against the Building Act 2016 and the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993;
- The issuing of, and advice relating to, environment protection notices and other matters under the Environmental Management and Pollution Control Act 1994;
- The creation and ending of Part 5 agreements pursuant to the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993;
- The formation and certification of council by-laws and policies;
- Advice in relation to the status of roads and Council’s liability to maintain them;
- Domestic building disputes;
- Applications pursuant to the Right to Information Act 2009; and
- Compulsory acquisition of land pursuant to the Land Acquisition Act 1993.
Robert is on the executive of the Southern Young Lawyers Committee and has published research in the Environmental and Planning Law Journal relating to cultural heritage offsets and the opportunities for policies and legislation to deal with their increasing use.