Estate & Trust Litigation
We provide strong and effective representation to those involved in disputes involving estates, trusts and superannuation.
Having strong and effective representation when you are involved in a dispute involving an estate, trust or superannuation can be essential to navigating the process, and pursuing an acceptable resolution.
Disputes involving an estate or trust can be particular complex, and often personally difficult for those involved. This can be a complex area, and having an expert lawyer on your side who knows the law and the process can greatly assist.
We explain the Court process to you, and guide you through it. Our lawyers have experience in Court appearances and conducting final hearings, including acting as solicitor and as counsel (advocate). We have a select group of expert barristers who we regularly work with, and can assist you to choose the right one for your matter.
You will be kept fully informed as your matter progresses, and will have our assistance to formulate and implement litigation strategies. We will guide you as to the cost at various stages, and about the cost risk of litigation in your particular case.
Mediating and negotiating resolutions for our clients is important to us.
Estate & Trust Litigation forms an important part of our full service litigation services. We feel that our lawyers include several of the most experienced and capable litigation lawyers in Tasmania.
We can help you with:
- Disputes about testamentary capacity.
- Disputes about the formal validity of Wills.
- Making (or defending) claims against an estate pursuant to the Testator’s Family Maintenance Act 1912 (Tas).
- Making (or defending) claims relating to the administration of an estate or trust.
- Construction of Wills (interpreting what a Will means).
- Rectification of Wills (fixing problems with Wills).
- Statutory Will applications, representation and advice.
- Disputes between beneficiaries and Executors, and between beneficiaries and Trustees.
- Equitable disputes, including estoppel and constructive trust claims.
- Disputes and claims involving acts by Attorneys.
- Disputes involving family farms.
- Advice and representation in relation to Guardianship & Administration Board proceedings.
- Agency services for law firms located outside Tasmania.
Speak with our expert Estate & Trust Litigation lawyers about representation and advice.