Construction Advisory and Dispute Resolution
We offer genuine knowledge of the construction and engineering industry and the people within it.
Simmons Wolfhagen offers pragmatic and innovative solutions to clients in these sectors, drawing on experience from private practice and in-house. The narrow commercial margins experienced in the building & construction industry mean that managing, avoiding and resolving contractual and legal issues goes a long way to securing commercial success.
We understand the issues from your point of view. A number of our legal team have worked in-house and understand the issues faced by principals, contractors, subcontractors and consultants.
Construction advisory services
We have extensive experience in advising in relation to all aspects of contracting and its related forms.
Our team provides a whole project-life-cycle offering – from tendering, through to delivery advisory services and dispute resolution. We have the expertise, experience and industry knowledge to assist our clients across all stages of the construction cycle, including:
- traditional procurement (eg D&C, EPC and Build-Only) and public-private partnerships;
- risk identification and management to ensure projects reach a timely and cost-effective financial close;
- contract interpretation, application and management;
- operator-led infrastructure delivery and services outsourcing (eg O&M, services contracts); and
- augmentations and major modifications.
Construction dispute services
We advise claimants and respondents in all aspects of dispute resolution, adjudication and litigation. In many cases it is preferable for our clients to settle their cases on acceptable terms rather than to go to adjudication or to litigate and our team is specialised in alternative dispute resolution.
- are dispute resolution experts who take a commercial approach to contract administration and the proactive management of contractual issues, including through mediation, adjudication and litigation;
- can provide discrete assistance in the background; and
- has expertise across a range of adjacent specialities – such as planning, property, environment and WHS – to ensure that the unique aspects of each project are considered and our solutions add real value.
You will benefit from the broad range of skills and perspectives we are able to bring to bear on a project or issue. If you would like to learn more about the experience and services offered, contact our expert team today.